Wednesday, May 23: This week I was pleasantly surprised to be awarded the Kreativ Blogger Award by restlessjo ~ roaming, at home and abroad. Thank you, Jo, for thinking of me and for your kind words and support!!
Here are the 7 things about myself:
1. I love to watch foreign and quirky movies. Some of my favorites are Me and You and Everyone We Know, Bread & Tulips, Apres Vous, and Bungee Jumping of Their Own, among many others.
2. I have a real weakness for cheese. I don’t know how I will ever give it up, although I’ve promised my two vegan sons that when I come back to the USA in August, I will go vegan for the month I’m there. I’m not making any promises for after I leave, although I’m hoping to slightly cure this unhealthy addiction.
3. I love to travel, but of course everyone who reads my blog knows this about me already. I love the whole process, from reading novels and non-fiction books set in the destination, watching films, perusing guidebooks and the internet, looking at photographs. I love plotting out my itinerary, finding charming places to stay and deciding which sights to see. Once I’m on my travels, I love meeting locals and fellow travelers, immersing myself in the culture and the food, noticing everything around me. And then I love taking pictures and writing my blog about my experiences.
4. I love a road trip. There’s nothing more fun than hopping in my car and heading off into the horizon.
5. I have three wonderful children who haven’t yet found their way in life. Sadly, they’ve taken after me; I’m still trying to figure out my life! Sarah, 28, is hoping to one day be a food writer and sporadically attends college classes; Alex, 21, who loves exercise and healthy eating, doesn’t know where he is going; and Adam, 19, who feels strongly about animal rights and being a vegan, is just beginning college. I love them all dearly, but I worry about them finding their way.
6. One time I climbed up a steep mountain, called Pilot’s Rock in Oregon, and when I got to the top, I was in tears because I didn’t think I could ever get down again. I was convinced my husband and his friend would have to get a helicopter to come and rescue me. I only made it down by both of them standing beneath me as I climbed down, promising to catch me if I went tumbling.
7. I used to be afraid of EVERYTHING! When Skylab was going to fall out of the sky in the late 1970s, I was convinced it was going to fall right on me! I remember watching TV all day to see where it would fall and I kept looking at the ceiling waiting for it to crash through. Strange thing though, as much as I used to be afraid of things, now I’m hardly afraid of anything.
Here are my 7 nominees for the Kreativ Blogger Award:
Serendipity – Laura is a wife and mom of 3 who loves photography, art, music, writing, singing, travel, movies … and so many other things.
Quirky Culture – The Culture Vulture is an eager observer of the quirky peculiarities of 21st century culture.
3rdculturechildren – A family of five’s impressions and feelings about life, friends, jobs, and travels while globetrotting with the Foreign Service.
Fancy That… Fancy This – Ameena gives a hilarious take on motherhood and marriage.
The Urge to Wander – Madhu conveys some of her passion for travel & inspires her readers to spread their wings.
Where’s my backpack? – Ailsa has lived in many places and traveled to many more. She brings her readers along on a fantastic journey!
the unbearable lightness of being me. – She describes herself as follows: I am just another dust sentiently moving on the vastness of the Earth, employing all my senses with Mother Nature – bestowing the power I owe to the Greater One… confirming my infinitely small human existence. A beautiful blog with lovely photography…
Thanks again for the nomination, restlessjo!!