Monday, August 20: Inspired by Lesley on her Bucket List Publications post: What’s Left for Your 2012 Bucket List?, I decided to sit down and list the things I want to complete in 2012 for my Bucket List. Like Lesley says: By writing a new list every year, I have more direction and motivation to implement my perfect life. I spend hours envisioning what I want to accomplish, what’s possible, and what’s maybe a little impossible, and then I find ways to make it happen.
Lesley’s challenge: Stop! Take two minutes to write down 5 things you want to accomplish before the end of 2012. If it is written, you can make it happen! We can all have our dreams come true! Share them with me, share them with others, and watch them happen.
Here’s my list (okay, it’s more than 5. As usual, I’m probably a little overambitious):
- August 31 – Sept 13: Explore Greece: Athens, Crete, Santorini (& possibly Nafplio, Meteora, and Delphi?)
- October 25 – November 1: Visit my State Department friend in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- National Holiday (end of November): Take a trip to Abu Dhabi, UAE
- Spend a day at the Chedi in Muscat
- Spend a day at the Shangri-La Resort in Muscat before the end of October (when their special deal ends!)
- Visit ar Rustaq‘s fort and hot springs
- Study Arabic in my book (Chapters 1-4) (One a month)
- Go camping on Masirah Island
- Work on completing my Cairo blog
- Put up more large-scale pictures on my Korea blog.
- Begin saving in earnest to do my Moorish adventure next summer (Spain, Portugal and Morocco!)
- Go snorkeling in Oman
- Read my entire novel, then revise chapters 1-10…..